Just Finished - Charity Quilt

Hi everyone. I just finished a wallhanging to donate to the Juevenile Diabetes silent auction fundraiser. A co-workers son has been afflicted with the disease since he was two years old. He's five now. A couple of weeks ago, the family went to D.C. to raise awareness and the little boy actual met the President and shook his hand! They are a fantastic family. I called the quilt Oakleaf and Feathers. There are more close up shots in the webshots album. Thanks.

2153005920103885794S500x500Q85.jpg

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/573968786dcbCfu?vhost=home-and-garden

Evelyn

Yes, Rita. I did use markers that do not need to be heat set because I do most of my coloring after the quilting. It used to be that when the quilting was done, the only thing left to do was binding, but now I usually end up coloring the quilt after the quilting. I do enjoy it though.

Evelyn, I'm so curious! The fabrics look like hand dyed. But you say you colored them. Did you quilt first and then color, did you start with a blank sheet--no color? Or did you use batiks/hand dye and enhance with coloring? I'm fascinated with the little paisleys. Which parts are pieced, and which are applique, or just color? Sorry for so many questions.

I love the fanciful look and your quilting is so appropriate! And such a worthy cause!

Archived