NQR Tears for my Max

Max, my nine year old Cairn Terrier was diagnosed today with lymphoma. It is stage four and he won't have long to live. My heart is broken and I am devistated. He was the apple of my late husbamds eye. We all call him our buddy and he sure is. Here he is with his "sister" Tedi.

post--13461905929897_thumb.jpg

Julia, I am so sorry, so very sorry. I know exactly how awful it is to lose our babies! They wiggle their way into our hearts and there they stay. We love them no matter what and they love us back. I have tears for you right now. This will not be easy but I so hope you can find peace. I lost my Happy in 2000 and here 11 years later I can still think of her and cry. Blessings to you.

Julia,

So sorry to hear about your Max - here's hoping you have a few more wonderful memories to store away. Just last year, we lost our Chugs, and we now have a new pair of puppies to warm his place in our hearts. When I was grieving the most last year, someone on this forum posted this - and it helped:

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here the pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing, they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carring him faster and faster. You have been spotted and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face, your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together."

Prayers for you and your family (two and four legged both), Julia.

Julia - I share your tears. I am so very sorry. They bring so much joy to our lives and are so much a part of family.

The first week of March our 15 yr old corgi was called home...we let her go the Friday after the vet recommended on Wed. that our 7 yr old boxer/bulldog have some bumps removed. Before we could recover from saying goodbye to Plum, his pimple sized "bump" exploded...in 6 days. Level 3 MCT (mast cell tumor). Devastated is the word I use as well. He is our heart. We have no idea whether it will spread or not...but the grading suggests it will.

My prayers are with you...we know the heartache. May you find peace in the memories you have with Max.

Anita

Guest Linda S

I'm so sorry to hear this. Pets bring us so much joy, but the sad truth is, they never live as long as we do. I hope you'll help your dear friend to the other side before he suffers much. Lavish him with love till then - as if I even have to tell you. My heart goes out to you. I know that pain.

Julia, I am SO SORRY!

There is nothing like losing our pets, as they are children to most of us pet owners.

If it's any comfort, you at least will still have pitter patter foot steps in your home with your other cute pet!

He know's he's been loved and cared for and that's what matters most to our little furry friends!

Archived