Still Swooning.....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been following several bloggers who are participating in this sew-along and wondered what could be done to make the blocks more interesting. Even with different sets of fabric in each block, these bigger blocks always need something to oooph them up.

Well Kay, you are a giant among women! The range of designs, the fabulous line-work, the way the outlining weaves under and over, those feathers and how they fit the spaces, the less-dense quilting on the prints, which is perfect to accent all your pretty fabrics--***sigh*** I'm in love. I want to marry this quilt.:)

What an outstanding job--phenomenal!

Well Kay there just isn't anything left for me to say. All the words I know have been used! So I'm just going to sit here and look at the out of this world quilt and try to pick my jaw up off the floor and wish your talent would rub off on we! Your quilting is perfect!!!!

Well, what can I say except thank you for all of your wonderful comments, I feel so humbled.

I'd like to add that I like to take photographs that really do justice to the quilt, I try really hard to get the mood for my quilt. I'm hoping it looks as good when hung at a show where the lights are brighter....Thanks guys!

I'd also like to answer one or two questions below....

Originally posted by Busy Quilting

Kay I love the puffy circle effect of the centre spine of your feathers. Are the spines doubled stitched to get the darker build up of thread?

Lynn... I stitched the scroll spine and then feathered it, I like to take my feathers back into the spine so yes it was double stitched but it is also a contrast thread.

Originally posted by Joy

Stunning

How do you get the name printed on your photos like that

Joy

Joy.... I use Photoshop, you need to add another layer with your information on top of the photo...

Originally posted by LadyLake

I love your style, Kay. Seems like a combination of graphic/modern and traditional. LOVE IT!

Well thanks Joan, that is exactly the look I was going for....as it's a modern type pattern with my choice of retro fabrics I thought a mix of modern and traditional would fit the style of the quilt.

Originally posted by ffq-lar

I have been following several bloggers who are participating in this sew-along and wondered what could be done to make the blocks more interesting. Even with different sets of fabric in each block, these bigger blocks always need something to oooph them up.

Well Kay, you are a giant among women! The range of designs, the fabulous line-work, the way the outlining weaves under and over, those feathers and how they fit the spaces, the less-dense quilting on the prints, which is perfect to accent all your pretty fabrics--***sigh*** I'm in love. I want to marry this quilt.:)

What an outstanding job--phenomenal!

Well, when I read Linda's comments I was speechless and I have to say a little teary....(I was born with my bladder too close to my eyes) or maybe it's hormones or maybe it's because she just 'gets me'.

Thank you Linda

Thanks everybody....

Archived