Luminous Splendor is done!

OK I promise this is the last picture I'll post.  I finally have Luminous Splendor done!  I wasn't sure at all what how I was going to bind this quilt and I didn't have much fabric left.  I only dyed Fat Qtrs and I couldn't find my dye recipe so could't replicate with certainty (mind you that this quilt took a lot longer then I ever planned).  Anyway I kept thinking about what I could do that would pull it all together.  One day I thought of prairie points and went through my stash.  I found 2 more fat qtrs of pink that were from the same dying session or at least they matched really well.  I knew the pink would work pulled to the outside since the inside was pink (2" sq's folded in qtrs).  I then decided to add the green (1 1/2" sq's folded in qtrs).  I didn't have any spare green squares, I actually only had one small strip 1/2" by 18" left!  I wasn't sure how a double prairie point binding was going to work because it was pretty bulky; however it worked out just fine and I'm super happy with the outcome.  I decided to miter my facing, boy was that a challenge with all that bulk!  I won though and even ended up with square corners so I was super happy.  This will go to MQX and I'm hoping it will also be juried into AQS Syracuse show.  If all goes well I'll enter it in all the AQS shows for a year.  

post-2404-0-06108700-1457046927_thumb.jpg

post-2404-0-13747800-1457046950_thumb.jpg

Wow! This is spectacular. I love your colors and design, but your quilting is out of this world. Absolutely fantastic and I love your prairie point binding. I would never have thought of doing that. I see lots of ribbons in this quilt's future!

Gorgeous!!!  May we see the back, and what size thread did you use on the front and back?

Cagey

PS:  Just wondering, how many hours did you put into piecing and quilting your work of art?  Best of luck at both shows.  I wish you well.

Thank you Heidi

For the up close look at this amazing quilt.  I can see all the tiny quilting on it in this picture which I had been trying to see before.  Sure wish I got to see it in person at MQX.

I know it will steal the show.  

Jeanne I was able to upload the full picture so that is why you can see the detail!  

Archived