Prayers for 14 year old daughter please..we are home

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so glad Taylor is out of the hospital. I took the anticoagulants during pregnancy so I know why she doesn't like those shots:( maybe the doc could prescribe some emla cream to numb the area a little so it doesn't sting so much. Sme people would ice it but I thought it stung more if you iced your stomach before injecting. Best wishes for a swift and steady recovery!!!

We are working with the school to get her a homebound teacher, starting after christmas break. She wil be out of school as long as the picc line is still in..approx 6 weeks or so.

We are very thankful to have her home. She looks great. Tired, thin..but great. There is an awful lot still going inside her head as far as infection...but it has never affected her mental abilities. For that...we are most thankful! God is good!

Merry Christmas to all my friends here. Thanks again for the continued prayers.

Kristina, so very glad Taylor is home.. a special Christmas wish for her, and of course more for the whole family.

The abdomen anticoagulant shots.. one nurse told me to always request them to the outside edge of the abdomen.. much less sting, bruising and best of all, a LOT less painful in general.

I only get maybe dollar size bruise now, and before they were almost fist size..

I pray she doesn't need to have any more of the shots..

Rita...the shots are leaving bruises about the size of pencil marks. Not too bad...considering she wil get nearly 200 shots in the next 3 months.

Taylor is most worried about whether she can train for her track/long distance running season in april...and keep up in school. She is an active kid...and doesn't like laying around! but for now...she is so tired.

She thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and she in return wishes everyone a very Merry Christmas.

she looks fabulous...blood reports are looking good too. we will not know anything about the massive infected blood clot on the left side of her head until an mri/mrv image is taken in about 10 days. she is on blood thinners and a long term iv antibiotic.

taylor is happy to be home, feels great, and hopes for a change in the blood clot. she is very optimistic.

thank you for the continued prayers. we are all tired and worried...but hopeful for a full recovery.

Archived