Large applique WH

I already quilted a similar WH two years ago, so I had most of the ideas.  This quilt has the added foundation pieced border and the flying geese centers.  I was going to do straignt lines in the zig zag part, but I decided after quilting the feathers, that I liked how it stood out so I only quilted the line inbetween.  I used CindyT's idea in the corner white part of the border and just made two feathers come together.  Thanks, Cindy.

I used Hobbs 80/20, So Fine on top and BL in the bobbin.  If you look carefully in the two green borders on the sides of the zig zag, I used Linda Rechs design from her book.  It's the curl with the four little feathers, two on each side.  I really like the look of this design and hope I did it justice. 

She didn't want close stippling in the blocks.  She specifically asked for it to be loose.

8497165120_61c0ed2576.jpg
Applique by LibbyG7, on Flickr

8497163010_70f6e05390.jpg
applique 2 block by LibbyG7, on Flickr

8497160812_14af1e86c4.jpg
applique flying geese by LibbyG7, on Flickr

8497160188_f0a8c9186a.jpg
applique block by LibbyG7, on Flickr

8497163658_7b6ca47f2b.jpg
Applique corner by LibbyG7, on Flickr

8497158734_5741cf4d5b.jpg
applique part of back by LibbyG7, on Flickr

Libby this is a very pretty quilt and your quilting is perfect! I love the zigzag pieced border and I think you made the right choice to leave it with just SID. I think the loose meander must have been harder than a tight would have been, you did a great job! Thanks for sharing.

BTW, what is a WH quilt?

WOW, Libby! What a fantastic quilting job you did on this one! Great choices and great quilting! I always love seeing your work and this is no exception! Glad I could spur an idea for you on this one in those corners, and that you were able to put one of Linda's book ideas to use.

I was just looking at that feather curl myself, and decided I needed more practice before tacklong it on a quilt. You must practice a lot, Libby; your quilting lines are always intentional. I do like how the feathers come into the corner, too, and that you allowed the zig zag to stand out above the feathers. Wonderful job, as usual!!

Archived